There are several laws which protect your rights and that govern the manner in which debt collectors can attempt to collect on a debt. If a debt collector violates these laws, they may be responsible to provide monetary compensation to you and pay for all of your attorney’s fees and costs.
- It is illegal for a debt collector to call you before 8am in the morning or after 9pm at night
- A debt collector calling you repeatedly or continuously is a form of harassment and is against the law
- A debt collector cannot use abusive or profane language
- Debt collection attempts cannot be made while you are at work
- A debt collector must announce who he/she is
- A debt collector cannot contact you after you have notified them in writing that you do not want to be contacted
What Can We Do For You?
If you have been the victim of a deceptive, abusive or harassing debt collector, we may be able to:
- Stop the debt collection harassment
- Receive monetary compensation for you up to $1,000 plus actual damages
- Have your outstanding debt reduced or eliminated
- Clear your credit reports of negative information
- Have the debt collector pay your attorneys’ fees
- Help you reclaim your life and gain peace of mind
If you have suffered from any type of debt collector abuse or you are currently suffering from debt collector abuse, contact us now. Do not wait and hope that it will get over on its own, more you wait the more difficult situation will become, so contact now and let us handle it.